There are two ways to do this – the easy, safe way, and the somewhat cleaner but more dangerous way. I’ll be providing the steps for doing it the not quite so easy, somewhat more dangerous way, as it makes your partitions look nicer. This is probably the most unsafe way to do it, and there’s probably easier ways to accomplish what I’m trying to do, but here’s what appears to have worked.
So I broke down and spent money on the iPad 2. After a very long wait, it finally arrived this past Thursday. Here’s what I think so far. Be warned: this post starts out quite negative about the device … but ends on the good notes.
I now am the master of backups at my new place of employment. I’ve been learning a bit about Backup Exec, and ran into an interesting issue. In the hopes of preventing others from taking the three or four days it took me to track the issue down, I relate the experience here.
This isn’t a “how to get it working” post, but a “how to fix it if you suddenly can’t boot either OS.”
Certain apps used here at my workplace seem to prefer the actual version of Java 5 rather than the faked one from Java 6. Here’s a quick how to that might help you get your apps working.
I’ve had Windows 7 64 bit on my home machine for about a week now. While I don’t use my home workstation as much as say, my work laptop while sitting in front of the TV, the home workstation is where I’m more likely to see issues with hardware compatibility and software issues. Here’s what I ran into and the resolutions (if any) that I’ve settled on.
It’s Geek Story Time! In preparation for upgrading my personal machine to Windows 7, decided to move my existing Windows XP partition to another hard drive, and validate its operation by doing “dual boot” with two different XP installations. This wasn’t as easy as it sounds …
I finally got around to getting a hold of and installing Windows 7. I haven’t used it much, but I’ve used it enough to give some initial impressions of it …